In this page:
Accounting Rules |
Tax Rates |
Intellectual Property |
Legal Framework |
- Tax Year
The fiscal year is the calendar year.
- Accounting Standards
National accounting standards (NAS) apply.
- Accounting Regulation Bodies
Ministry of Finance of Uzbekistan
- Accounting Reports
Financial reports must contain balance sheets, results reports (income statements), fixed assets reports, cash flow reports, capital reports, and supporting notes, calculations and descriptions.
- Publication Requirements
Enterprises are not required by law to publish their annual report.
- Professional Accountancy Bodies
National Association of accountants and audit professionals
- Certification and Auditing
The annual audit of the financial health of a company must be conducted by an independent certified auditor. You can contact an external auditor: Deloitte, Ernst & Young, PricewaterhouseCoopers.
A list of auditing organizations is available on the website ofthe Ministry of Finance.
- Accounting News
- Nature of the Tax
Value Added Tax (VAT) - Налог на добавленную стоимость (Local Name)
- Tax Rate
- Reduced Tax Rate
Exempt items include technological equipment and certain property. Insurance, most types of financial services, exports and international transportation services are also exempt.
- Other Consumption Taxes
Customs duties on the export of all types of products or services were abolished since 1st November 1997. However, Import of certain goods to Uzbekistan is subject to customs duties. Rates vary from 5% to 40%, depending on the type of imported goods.
Excise tax is imposed on certain types of imported goods (cigarettes, jewellery, petrol, alcohol drinks). Rates vary from 5% to 200%, depending on the type of goods imported.
Learn more about Service Providers in Uzbekistan on Globaltrade.net, the Directory for International Trade Service Providers.
- Company Tax
- Capital Gains Taxation
Long term capital gains are taxed as ordinary income.
- Main Allowable Deductions and Tax Credits
It is possible to reduce the taxable income in the following ways:
- transfer to Charity Funds or Environmental Funds : upto 1% of the taxable income
- expenses towards developmental aid : upto 30% of the taxable income.
It is also possible to obtain fiscal privileges if one is:
- a production company with foreign investments whereby the company is engaged in the production of goods that generate more than 60% of its income
- a company exporting its production with foreign investments for which the export volume should be at least equal to 60% of its production.
- Other Corporate Taxes
The other taxes to which the companies are subjected to are:
- tax on mining
- Property tax
- Land Tax
- Water tax
- Compulsory taxes : intended for the Road Fund, School Development Fund, and Pension Fund; Payroll tax (Unified Social Contribution), social security contributions, stamp duty.
- Other Domestic Resources
Consult Doing Business Website, to obtain a summary of the taxes and mandatory contributions.
Country Comparison For Corporate Taxation
||Eastern Europe & Central Asia
|Number of Payments of Taxes per Year
|Time Taken For Administrative Formalities (Hours)
|Total Share of Taxes (% of Profit)
- Last Available Data.
|Personal income tax
||Progressive rate from 8% to 22%.
|Up to 5 minimum annual wage
|Between 5 and 10 minimum annual wage
|More than 10 minimum annual wage
- Allowable Deductions and Tax Credits
Certain categories of individuals are either fully exempt from personal income tax (for example, diplomats) or provided with an additional monthly deduction of four amounts of the statutory minimum monthly wage, including veterans, disabled people, widows/widowers with children, and women with many children, among others.
- Special Expatriate Tax Regime
There is no special tax regime for expatriates.
Learn more about Taxes and Accounting in Uzbekistan on Globaltrade.net, the Directory for International Trade Service Providers.
- National Standards Organizations
Uzstandart- Office of metrology and certification
- Integration in the International Standards Network
Uzstandard, the Uzbek agency for standardization, metrology and certification, represents the Republic of Uzbekistan at the following international bodies:
- International Standards Organization (ISO)
- International Organization for Legal Metrology (OILM)
- Euro-Asian Council for Standardization, Metrology and Certification (EASC)
- International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC)
For more information, directly contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Classification of Standards
Uzbekistan still uses a set of technical norms based on the soviet methods. There are more than 65,000 documents concerning to these norms.
- Online Consultation of Standards
Visit the website of Uzstandard.
- Certification Organizations
The Center for Inspection and Certification carries out Inspection and certification with 73 other accredited entities.
- General Information
Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Uzbekistan
Uzex, Goods and primary materials Stock Exchange of Uzbekistan
Exchange, Agro-Industrial Stock Exchange of Uzbekistan
Gki, State Committee for public goods
Investuzbekistan, Invest in Uzbekistan
- Opening Hours and Days
Public service offices are open from 9h00 to 18h00 from Monday to Friday.
Companies are open from 9h00 to 18h00 or from 8h00 to 17h00 from Monday to Friday
The weekly days off : Saturday and Sunday.
Shops are open every day from 8h00 to 21h00.
|New Years Day
|Military Services Day
|Day of the Uzbek Constitution
© Export Entreprises SA, All Rights Reserved.
Last Updates: January 2015