|Panama City - Tocumen Intl (PTY)||23 km / 14 miles||USD 20-25 / 25-30 min||USD 0.60 / 60 min||-||-|
|Name||Type||Domestic Flights||International Flights|
You Can Consult the List of Airlines Banned Within the EU. Look Also at the rating of the United States Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
Isolated and difficult to get to, the Archipelago de las Perlas islands make up the biggest group. Amongst these islands, the most famous is without a doubt the Isla Contadora.
A visit to the canal is unavoidable! There is so much to see in Panama! Not only the local folklore but especially the semi-independent territories of the different American Indian communities. The Kuna Indians live in a magnificent archipelago of 370 islands. Panama offers a still mass tourism-protected eco-tourism: 50% more bio diversity than Costa Rica, 10 times more forest and 450 migratory bird species (that is more than from Portugal to the Urals). For more information on tourism in Panama, refer to the Panama Tourism Office.
|Top Highlights in the Main Cities|
|Website on Panama City (Spanish only)|
|Colon city attractions|
|Top Highlights of the Country|
|Chiriqui Province attractions|
|Chorrera (Spanish Only)|
- All rural areas situated at less than 1,800 meters in altitude have malaria however, malaria remains rare in towns. The existing strains are very resistant to chloroquine in the Amazon (zone 3) and moderately resistant in the rest of the country (zone 2).
- Dengue fever is present in the whole country including in towns.
- Yellow fever is endemic in the Magdalena valley, the Eastern range, the region of Uraba, Orenoque, the Amazon and the foothills of the Sierra Nevada.
- People with respiratory, heart or hypertension diseases can be made uncomfortable by the altitude or affected by altitude sickness.
- Tuberculosis is common in the country.
- Hepatitis A: the vaccination is available for children from the age of one year. People born before 1945, grew up in a developing country or have a history of jaundice could avoid an unnecessary vaccination by testing for antibodies in the serous (immunoglobulin G - Ig G). Hepatitis B: the vaccination is available for children from the age of two months.
- Diphtheria, tetanus, polio: to be updated if necessary (recall every ten years).
|Tourism Police||226.40.21 or 270.24.67|
|Panamanian Institute of Tourism, Legal affairs Management||226.30.15 or 226.70.00|
|Complaints center||262.69.79, 262.82.77 or 266.60.77|
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
© Export Entreprises SA, All Rights Reserved.
Last Updates: October 2014