US-RUSSIA TRADE STATISTICSLargest US Export Industries to Russia (1998)
Oil and Gas Equipment & Services
Mining Equipment & Services
Telecommunications Equipment & Services
Aircraft and Airport Equipment
Food Processing and Packaging Equipment
Electric Power Generation Equipment
Autos, Light Trucks, and Buses
- Meat (red meat and poultry)
- Wine and Beer
- Wheat Flour
- According to US Global Trade Outlook 1995-2000, Russia is one of the 10 fastest-growing world markets for US goods.
- The US is the second largest exporting country to Russia after Germany.
- In 1995, the Russian export market became the largest as US exports of meat products comprised of the greatest single export category ($785.3 million, more than doubling 1994 exports).
- A majority of U.S. firms in business in Russia in a majority of sectors are doubling, some tripling their sales on a yearly basis.
- Kodak, in the last three years, saw sales up to 1000%. They have 50% of the market with qn investment of $40 million. Russia is the firm's second largest market.
- Russia is Polaroid's largest market.
- Mary Kay started with 30 sales rep's in 1993, and has 25,000 now. Sales tripled to $75 million in 1996.
- GE's sales hit a big $500 million in 1996.
- HP's sales hit $210 million in 1996.
- Xerox's sales up 50% in 1996.
- AT&T sales now exceed $100 million.
Source: US Commercial Service Office in Moscow