||Why Individuals and Organizations Should Join a FITA Member Association [and How to Join]
How to Join a FITA Member Association:
Go to FITA's searchable Directory of Member Trade Associations (click here) and identify association(s) of interest. Contact the associations by phone or fax. Note: many are linked to their web site and can be contacted that way. Annual dues are generally modest.
Individuals and/or organizations in North America active or interested in international trade will benefit by joining a FITA member association.
Major benefits of membership include:
- Regular programs, generally on a monthly basis, feature knowledgeable speakers addressing timely and critical topics of international trade. Additionally, special programs provide in-depth educational knowledge and training in important aspects of international trade, such as Basics of Export; How to Do Business in a Foreign Country.
- Regular and special programs afford an opportunity for members to meet one another, exchange experiences, and make important contacts. The membership represents a dynamic group of articulate men and women with a wide and deep knowledge of international trade who take pleasure in exchanging ideas and experiences.
- Membership directories, listing members alphabetically and by area of expertise/interest, provide further opportunities for networking.
- Annual trade expos afford opportunities for member companies to showcase their products and/or services, and for attendees to broaden their knowledge of available goods and services.
- Newsletters keep the membership informed of association activities, introduce new international resources, and provide timely information on a wide range of topics of local, regional, national, and international interest.
- Members of an association affiliated with FITA are eligible for the many member benefits offered by FITA (which are described in http://www.fita.org/marketplace), as well as opportunities provided by member associations for their members to obtain reduced rates on a wide variety of international trade services and publications.
- As part of a group of knowledgeable international trade professionals, members can exert influence on regulations affecting their industry.
Joining a FITA member association is highly recommended. Listed below are general membership criteria for most FITA member associations and suggestions for locating an association:
Membership Criteria (in United States, Mexico, and Canada)
- Membership is generally open to the broad cross-section of the international trading community including:
- Individuals and organizations active (or interested) in doing international trade
- Individuals and organizations providing goods and services to organizations doing international trade
- Individuals and organizations that promote international trade
- Individuals interested in a career in international trade